Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

My eldest has had palate expanders installed and we are having an extremely rough time of it. We know she will learn how to eat somewhat normally with them but we are at the very front end of the learning curve. Consequently, we are drinking a lot more smoothies than usual so I need to branch out a bit from our usual rotation between mixed berry and mango.

The girls love the peanut butter and banana combo, so this recipe seemed a promising start. Of course I immediately messed with the recipe based on known preferences (more peanut butter!!) and what I had in the house. They gave it a double thumbs up, though they wouldn't mind if the banana flavor were more prominent, so do what you think your family will like.

Made this again in November 2017 and simplified it based on how I make our other regular smoothies

INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
1 1/2 or 2 frozen bananas (they don't have to be frozen but the smoothie will be colder)
1 1/2 c plain unsweetened yogurt (I fill to the .6L mark on my blender)
3 TBSP ground flaxseed
3-4 TBSP natural peanut butter (any kind you like but unsweetened)
Generous sprinkle of vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp honey OR (and I think this is better) 1 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place all ingredients except for honey in the jar of a blender
  2. Blend (we use smoothie mode) and pour the honey through the top (or else it might clump because everything is so cold)
  3. Serve




Comments