Cucumber-Lime Margarita

I hardly ever post drink recipes so it's a sign of my love of cucumbers that one of the few others was a Cucumber Collins.
We had a version of this drink at a great Seattle restaurant called Fonda La Catrina. I failed to completely replicate their drink, but I came up with something that I really like. While I can appreciate a "traditional" margarita (if such a thing exists), I find that I really love a longer drink. I want a pint glass of goodness without getting hammered. That's where the cucumber juice comes in. I blend up cucumbers with a bit of water and then strain it. Mixed with lime juice, simple syrup and tequila it's a refreshing, not-too-sweet drink.

INGREDIENTS
2 oz tequila of your choice (Fonda La Catrina uses a blanco but we only have reposado and it was fine)
2 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice (you can do that ahead but don't use RealLime or the like)
4 oz cucumber juice
1 to 1 1/2 oz simple syrup

INGREDIENTS
Cucumber Juice
2 cucumbers
1/2 to 1 c water
Liquefy in a blender then strain

DIRECTIONS

  1. Fill a cocktail shaker about 1/2 with ice (or more if you like it super cold)
  2. Add all other ingredients
  3. Shake and pour (without straining) into a pint glass

Comments